New Short Term Health Insurance Starting At $60 Per Month By United Healthcare For Florida Residents
Hey, do you need short term health insurance coverage?
We are Edmonds Insurance Group and we help people with health and life insurance. Would you like to learn more?
What are the benefits of Short Term Health Insurance? Short Term Health Insurance is a type of health insurance that provides some level of coverage for a limited period of time. Some of the benefits of short-term health insurance include coverage for preventive care, doctor visits, urgent care, and emergency care; coverage for prescriptions; cost savings for seeing in-network providers; and additional benefits such as telemedicine services, prescription drug discounts, and wellness programs. Short-term health insurance is typically cheaper than a regular plan. However, it generally covers high-dollar medical expenses related to injuries and unexpected illnesses as opposed to preventive care, maternity, and treatment of pre-existing conditions.
Short-term health insurance offers a stopgap coverage option for those temporarily not covered by other types of health insurance, such as employer-sponsored insurance, group health insurance, and individual plans purchased on the ACA marketplace.
Short term medical insurance is useful to a wide variety of people in many situations:
- In between jobs – If you have been laid off and you’re looking for a new job, your budget may be tight, but medical emergencies can happen at any time. You should consider purchasing short term health insurance, just in case.
- Missed open enrollment for ACA compliant health insurance and don’t qualify for Special Enrollment.
- Has a waiting period before being eligible to enroll in health insurance at new job.
- Waiting for ACA compliant health insurance to begin.
- Early retirees under the age of 65 years who are in overall good health.
- In need of short-term alternative to COBRA insurance.
- Young retirees who have recently left employer-sponsored health insurance and are waiting for enrollment in Medicare.
- New immigrants to the USA – Until finding a job that offers employer-sponsored health insurance or enrolling in an ACA compliant plan during open enrollment, new immigrants to the USA should consider purchasing short term health insurance.
- Lost coverage due to divorce or death of spouse.
- Recent graduates including international students on OPT.
- Rolling off parents’ health insurance due to aging out or other reasons – Once you graduate, you may no longer be eligible for school insurance or your parents’ insurance. Consider purchasing short term medical insurance until you find a job that provides long term health insurance.
- Part-time or temporary workers whose employer does not provide health insurance.
- Obamacare is unavailable in your area.
- Your preferred physician or hospital does not accept ACA health insurance plans.
- Temporary workers and their dependents.
- International students studying in US schools.
- US citizens returning to the US after living abroad.
For many people, short term health insurance is the best option until they are eligible for ACA health insurance.
Short-term medical insurance is a temporary plan that provides coverage when you don’t have a standard policy. One of the biggest benefits of a short-term health insurance plan is that it’s typically cheaper than a regular plan. If you need temporary coverage and are in good health, short-term coverage is a good option. Short term policies can help pay for unexpected healthcare when you need covered services for an illness or injury. After you meet your annual deductible amount, your benefits will help with covered expenses. However, short-term health insurance provides less coverage than standard plans which can lead to higher out-of-pocket costs. It is important to note that temporary health insurance is not available in every state, and not all health insurance companies offer this type of plan.
If this is of interest to you, don’t delay buy coverage today through United Healthcare starting at $60 per month.
We Offer Direct Purchase Insurance Option
- Buy directly online with no pushy sales agent involved
- Complete the entire process in 15 minutes
- Get covered once you make your first payment online